Monday, October 5, 2009

An Amazing Reunion

This weekend I had the opportunity to go to Utah. Eric went with the young men for the weekend. As a group they went to the BYU football game and to the mens session of general conference. They had a pretty fun-filled two days. As for me, I had a blast with my sister and some of my long, lost friends. I stayed with Meg, and as usual had a great time with her and Quinn and their boys. Then, on Saturday, I met up with Darcee and Whitney.
So here is the story about me, and Darcee, and Whitney. My family and I lived in Oregon a long time ago...it was back in 1998 I believe. When I moved there, I met the greatest girls, Whitney Hayden and Darcee Perdue. Quickly, we grew to be best friends. And let me just tell you, we had some GREAT times!!After a couple of years of living in Redmond, the unthinkable happened. Mom and Dad announced that we were moving to Alaska. My heart just about broke! So, we moved and I left My dearest friends behind. Well, we kept in touch a little bit, but it became a pretty infrequent thing after several years. Then, when I went to college, we all kind of got back in touch again. And I actually went to one of Darcee's Weber State basketball games over in Pocatello. And remember, when I saw her at her game, it had been like seven years since I had seen her. It was awesome to see her. Okay, moving on. So, since about 2005, I have not seen Darcee, and since 1999 or so, I have not seen Whitney. That was until this weekend, when we had our blessed reunion!!
Darcee and Whitney both live in Provo now. So they see eachother quite a bit. But for me to see the both of them was just AMAZING!! We met up at the Gateway mall and went to eat at California Pizza Kompany (CPK)! We shared some delicious pizza and dessert. But that is not what matters. What matters is that we hung out and talked and laughed until it hurt! It was so, so, so much FUN!! We reminisced of "old times" and talked about where we are now and so much more! I seriously can not tell you how Incredibly AWESOME it was to see these girls!! It was a little surprising to me that after so many years we all still get along so well and have so much fun together!
Whitney and Darcee have both grown up to be the most beautiful women! What amazing girls they are. They are both married now, and Whitney has a little baby girl. We have all changed and grown up, but we are still a lot the same. It was so neat to feel like we just picked up where we left off.
I love these girls and am very glad we were able to have our little reunion. I am glad to know that our friendship has lasted this long. And I don't have a single doubt in my mind that we will all truly be friends forever (as silly as that may sound). I love you Darc and Whit!!!

Darcee, Whitney, me, and baby Avey

Darc, Me, and Whit outside the restaurant

I look like a total dork in this one. I just couldn't stop laughing

Beautiful girls...Darc, Whit and her little babe

Ashley (Whits sis), Darc, Avey and Whit

Pretty Mama Whitney and her baby girl

4 comments:

sdralphs said...

Loved the post! I had the best time of my life. I have never laughed so hard. I hope we get to get together again soon. You are such a beautiful girl and I cannot wait to meet your whole family! Love you girly!

Cody and Jill said...

I am glad that you went and what fun you had where did you guys eat ?

Sarah Woolley said...

We ate at the California Pizza Kitchen...ummm, umm, yummy!!

Super B said...

how fun. THey all look so good. You too. I like your hair!! Wow!
You are so cute. Is your hair colored right now? It looks close to your natural color. I love Whit's yellow jacket too.
You are all so funny!!
and yeah, you wrote california pizza kompany...haha.