Saturday, November 21, 2009

A Little Story

I want to share a little story. My darling daughter Ericka has a few things she just LOVES! She seems to go through phases, where she gets hooked on something, like a backpack or a certain book, or cell phones, or a number of other things. She will just love whatever particular thing it is she is "hooked" on, but after a bit of time, she get's over it and moves on to something new. This is not the case with her High School MUSICAL hand bag. Ever since we bought the thing on clearance at Wal-Mart, about two months ago, she has LOVED the thing. She hardly ever lets this bag out of her sight. I mean this literally! She sleeps with her bag EVERY night. It has this little star stuck to it that lights up with movement, it's really cool. But when I am trying to put her to bed, it get's a little old. And the really funny thing is that she also puts a certain handful of items inside that are her PrIzEd posessions. Don't you dare try to touch her bag or open it because she will flip out! I mean that. She will usually share her toys, I mean she struggles sometimes, but generally with a little coaxing, she will give in and share. Oh, but not with this bag. Just to tell you how posessive Ericka is of this bag, I have one more little story to tell.
The other day we were at Rachel's house visiting and playing. Well, Rachel noticed that Ericka had her bag with her, as usual. Wanting to see what Ericka would do, Rachel asked Ericka if she would let her play with her bag. The answer of coarse, was no. With a little coaxing, Rachel actually convinced Ericka to at least start to show her the contents of the bag. The minute Luke headed over to see what was going on, Ericka shoved everything back into the bag and zipped it up and wouldn't let anyone touch it. I know, a little crazy huh? I never imagined that one little purchase could lead to such an immense love and protection of something for my two year old daughter.
Here are a couple of pictures of Ericka with her beloved bag. As I said before, she almost never lets go of it. She was watching a movie and hadn't had a nap. She dozed off, but not without a hold on her dearest posession!


2 comments:

Super B said...

Wow. That is funny. And interesting and I think it is normal for some kids.

you are awesome. miss you. love you.

Eric and Michelle Clark said...

I miss you guys...more than you know! I hope that things are going well. We love you!