Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our Alaska Trip

The girls and I had the chance to go up to Alaska from January 7th to the 20th. Well, we actually got stuck in Seattle on the way up, so we didn't actually get to Cordova until the 9th. We had so much fun spending time with Grandpa and Grandma Neilson, Aunt Meg and her boys, and Uncle Hyrum and Aunt Sami and their kids. We sure had a house full! Imagine seven kids under the age of 3 in the same house for almost a week! It was a little crazy, but we had a blast in Alaska!!


We took a walk down to the docks and saw some ducks and sea otters! It was sooo cold, but at least it wasn't raining!


Our adventure at the grocery store. The kids loved the small grocery carts and it was sure a good thing there were enough to go around! Ericka, Cooper, and Cayden. (Megs twin boys)

Ericka with Grandpa on the 4-wheeler

Claire had been working on walking, but really got it down while we were in Alaska. Once she started she didn't want to stop...especially while she was outside!

Nice outfit Claire...we kind of just threw something warm on.

Wow, this ones a little scary! Ericka helped Grandma in the kitchen as often as possible! She loved it! She got a little carried away with the flour while making crescent rolls.


Claire loves to stand on the dishwasher at home and anywhere else. What it is that attracts kids to dishwashers?

This is Ericka and Claire's best buddy Erikka Sanderson. We love seeing her whenever we go up to visit. Her family lives on the hill by my mom and dad.

Loving the snow and being outside!

Look at that grin on Claire's face! She loved/loves riding in sleds!




Ericka, Graci, Cayden, and Cooper! Cousins.

Claire and Ty (Hyrum and Sami's son)

Ericka in the kitchen again! She loves to help with the cooking!

Graci and Ericka watching a movie on Aunt Megs laptop.

We had a great time with family and seeing friends while we were up in Alaska.

13 comments:

Super B said...

I wish I was there. But, I am glad you got to go and have such a fun time. I love you so much. Your girls are absolutely adorable. And you are gorgeous as ever...and ps. isn't mom beautiful?

love you tons!

Nelson Family said...

So fun! Now that you are back we really need to get together. Seriously, it's been too long. And your sister is right, you are gorgeous!

Rochelle said...

Lucky you to get to spend time in Alaska! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog, and sooo sorry it took me this long to reply....actually I'm not sure exactly when you left the comment but I am a little slow and just realized today that it's even possible for people to leave comments! I don't know what's wrong with me, but I'll blame it on the pregnancy hormones! Hope all is well with you and your cute little family! Congrats on baby#3! Do you know what you are having yet? Looks like you are a few weeks ahead of me, we find out in a couple weeks what we are having. I am super excited!

HAYHAY said...

Sarah, this is Haylie, from the mom blog. I'm going to email you later today!
You and your girls are adorable. You have such a cute family! It looks like you guys have such a blast in the snow! great memories.

Gunnell Fam said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! I love your haircut, too.
(Karen-a friend of Eric's from college)

Unknown said...

Looks like you guys had fun!! We need to get together. You find a doctor to go to yet, I can't believe you're on your third. That's fun.

sdralphs said...

well aren't you just gorgeous!!! Your family is beautiful. Lucky girl! I miss you sarah mara moo! We need another girl's outing. That was seriously too much fun. I need more Sarah time! Love ya!

Blaise and Tia said...

It was great to see you the other day! Time does fly! It was fun to catch up a little with you, your sisters, and mom. Take care! Let me know when you are in town!

Ryan, Marilyn, and Karalee said...

What are you talking about girl! you have tons of comments! Your family is sooo cute! I am serious when I say we want to come to Alaska some time, who really knows when we will be able to!

kaleen said...

This post was packed with cuteness! I'm glad you got to spend time in Alaska- what a fun trip!

Susie and Jay Larson said...

How fun is that?! I love the little shopping carts and your babies are beautiful! Thanks for posting on my blog I added you to my family list. Why didn't I have you on it before?! Take care!

SLL said...

How fun to go see your family. Your girls are adorable.

alicia.king said...

what a fun trip! love those little shopping carts and with Spaghettios in them lol!