Friday, August 26, 2011

Another Post

When it was time for us to leave Cordova, Eric and I decided to do the drive together. We brought Lilly with us, but left the older two girls with my parents. The drive was awesome! Lilly was such a good sport about the whole thing, granted she was out of her car seat quite a bit. We drove for long periods of time. Mostly we would stop in the evening to get dinner, then continue driving until it was dark, then stop and sleep in the truck. Yep, that's right, we slept in the truck! The drive was sooo beautiful! It was so fun to see all kinds of animals. We saw deer, moose, caribou, buffalo, stone sheep, black bears, and even a cinnamon black bear. There was so much to see! It was a cool experience, not one I want to do again any time soon though.  Maybe something to do when all the girls are older and we can take some time and do more fun stuff on the way! We stopped at this place that was supposed to be a really cool mineral sight. It was cool, but not as cool as Eric and I had imagined. It was a little hike to get to where it was, which was a nice chance to stretch our legs.

 Not the greatest picture, but I wanted to show you Eric's awesome beard and it's one of the only pictures of all of us on the trip down. And part of the mineral thing is behind us, but you can hardly see it.
 Lilly all tuckered out! She didn't love her seat, but was sure a good girl for us.
 One of the stone sheep we saw. We saw a group of four on the side of the road. Two moms and two babies. Then on the other side of the road up on the mountain there were two more. Eric was telling me about seeing them on the way up with his mom, and right after he finished telling me, we saw these ones!
 Sign post forest in Watson Lake. It was cool to walk around for a couple minutes to see the many places where signs have come from! We found one that said  Lake Lillian on it!
 Awesome self-portrait done by Eric! You can tell he was super excited about the drive (just joking). He just gets in his "driving mode" and you can't convince him to crack a smile!
 We played with diapers to keep Lilly occupied. She loved it! I would pull it over her eyes and she would get so excited when she took it off. Then she would want it back on as a hat...what a silly girl!
 What a little goof!
Here's to you Lillian!
During the whole trip Eric actually did all the driving! And believe it or not, the last four times he has done this trip he has always had someone with him, but has never let anyone else drive! Ask me for an explanation and I can't give you one. When I insisted on driving he absolutely would not let me drive and was going to leave me behind because I said if he didn't let me drive I was not going to go...he really was going to leave me! It's weird, I know!
We had a great time driving the long ALCAN highway!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the diapers on the head. Such a cutie. Total fashion statement. Glad she was a good girl. Glad you got down safe too.